Friday, October 11, 2013

And now, the waiting game

I have sent in lots of information to them, but have to wait until they get to my turn before I can be processed for training.  There are 25,000 volunteers, so odds are, it's going to take a while.
This is the part that is the roughest...not hearing anything for weeks at a time.  I know I've been accepted into the program, but still, I can't help but wait for communication from them with nervous anticipation.
During my wait, I have looked up some information on Sochi, Russia.  The weather in late January/early Feb is similar to how it is here in Orlando, FL.  About 50 for a daytime high and average of about 35 for a nighttime low.  This means they will have to make snow constantly for the events, because it is not cold enough for natural snow.  During the summers, Sochi is a resort city on the Black Sea, just across from Istanbul, Turkey.
Don't forget to go to www.gofundme.com/4jonjc to follow my donation progress, and of course, do a little donating yourself.  Once again, anything you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment